Bowen Island Municipal Council is pleased to announce the formation of the National Park Community Advisory Committee (NPCAC). This Committee will be integral to the public consultation process concerning the national park concept plan.
It is important to Council that members of this Committee represent a cross section of the demographics and various community interests and activities on Bowen Island.
The role of a Committee member will include:
- Participate, as a group or as individual members, in outreach programs designed to inform and engage a broad cross-section of the Bowen community (e.g. ferry discussions, tables at General Store, blogs, website feedback, kitchen table chats, talks to community groups, etc.).
- Review and assess summaries of the Bowen Island national park concept development and community consultation work to date and discuss this information with community members.
- Present the concerns, interests and opportunities that have been identified by the Bowen community.
- Encourage information sharing and critical analysis by the Bowen community.
- Provide recommendations to Council upon the conclusion of the community consultation process.
- Members must be a resident or property owner of Bowen Island.
- The term of Committee members is six months or until the Council decision as to whether or not to support the establishment of a National Park, whichever is earlier.
- Committee members serve without remuneration.
A copy of the NPCAC Terms of Reference is available by clicking here or by contacting Kathy Lalonde, Corporate Officer.
Council will also consider appointing Committee members who have some experience and/or knowledge of community consultation processes, mediation and consensus building.
We welcome your application. If interested, please submit a brief bio outlining your qualifications and a statement as to why you are interested in sitting on the NPCAC. Please respond in writing with the requested information by Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Kathy Lalonde, Corporate Officer
Bowen Island Municipality
981 Artisan Lane
Bowen Island, BC V0N 1G0
(originally posted on Nov. 16, 2010)
:: Close ::